Monday, October 14, 2013

Trish and Me

Welcome to the 'Cafe Alcazar' blog. 

Cafe Alcazar is the name of my Mum's newly relaunched cafe in Marcoola at the Sunshine Coast in Queensland. My name is Jacki, and although Cafe Alcazar is Mum's 'baby', I will be writing on this blog on her behalf. I hope to keep you updated with what's happening in the cafe as much as possible. I will be blogging about what yummy delights can be found in the display cabinet, as well as the weekly specials on offer. Like I said, this cafe is Mum's business, but forgive me if I write 'we' or 'our.' I am totally absorbed in her vision for Cafe Alcazar. If I were not caring for my young family, I would probably be standing right along side her, each night. Instead, I am with her in spirit and am the occasional hired help.

I am incredibly proud of my mother. This has been a vision of hers for more years than I care to remember. When her partner in their business wanted to leave, she instantly announced that she would buy him out and pursue her dream of opening a cafe/restaurant inspired by the food that both, she and I, love so much.

It was nearly 20 years ago, that Mum made her first trip overseas. After meeting me in London, we spent a month backpacking around Turkey together. It was the beginning of her wanderlust. Mum had her head in the kitchen of almost every place we ate, language and gender were no barrier. Yes, we ate very well during that month in Turkey. Mum has since travelled extensively to parts of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Favouring the dishes of the Mediterranean countries, she is now bringing these flavours to Cafe Alcazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment